- Early Childhood
- Public safety
- Defibrillators in the City
- Extreme Cold Weather Preventive Measures
- Entre Saint-Germanois
Disability in Everyday Life
Facilities exist within the City and in public spaces to facilitate the lives of disabled persons.
- Designated handicapped parking spaces (C.I.C, C.I.G): there are currently 81 spaces, including 44 spaces outside of the paid parking zone and 37 spaces in paid parking zones. View the list of spaces and the map
Of course, parking remains free of charge for individuals with reduced mobility, but is now limited to two hours (instead of three: As per municipal bylaws no. 2009/10 and no. 2009/11 in effect since October 1st, 2009) in order to provide for improved rotation of spaces and thus serve the largest number of persons authorised to benefit from this option.
©photo: Xavier Risselin-Fotolia.com
- Mailbox: The one located at the corner of rue de Poissy and rue de la Procession is accessible to disabled persons, whether by wheelchair or by car.
- Telephone: There is one lowered model available on rue de la Procession (near the Post Office).
- Braille city map: More details of the city centre. A copy is available at the Municipal Tourism Office.
- Culture: Adapted "handicapped access" to: Alexandre Dumas Theatre, Cinéma C2L (4 rooms out of 5)... The Musée d'Archéologie nationale ('National Archaeology Museum') organises specific visits for the visually handicapped, the hearing-impaired and the mentally handicapped - Information: 01 39 10 13 00
- Sports adapted to disabled persons : For persons with a mental handicap.The space is located on rue du Maréchal Foch - 78112 Fourqueux - Information: 01 39 65 76 24 - 06 88 67 58 59 - 06 61 88 50 98.
It is a frequent occurrence to encounter the visually handicapped on our city streets. These individuals are, for the most part, trainees from the Marly-le-Roi Re-Education Centre (Tel. 01 30 08 83 00) who are undergoing training to negotiate urban routes along with a guide.
- Hotels : Several of our city's establishments provide rooms that are specially equipped for the handicapped. The Municipal Tourism Office can provide you with the list.
- Reading : "La bibliothèque pour tous" (4, rue de Pontoise - 01 34 51 84 66) provides the visually handicapped access to the magazine "L'agrandi", as well as large-print works. The municipal library provides a selection of audio books.
- RER train : It has a specially adapted lift (rue de la Surintendance, near the City Hall) that is wheelchair-accessible.
- Vigipark : Protection system for handicapped parking spaces - 01 34 89 64 64
- The Church of St. Germain is equipped with an access platform for individuals with reduced mobility.
A documentary file on the rights of the handicapped and the Guide Neret may be consulted at the Documentation Service in the Administrative Centre.
A guide specifically produced for the disabled, with useful telephone numbers, an enlarged map of the city centre and the description of the location of audio-signal traffic lights and parking spaces reserved for the disabled is available to you at the Administrative Centre or at the City Hall.