An International City
A Well-Defined International Outlook
1. Twinned cities: Aschaffenburg in Germany, Temara in Morocco, Ayr in Scotland, Winchester in the United States and Konstancin-Jeziorna in Poland. For further information...
2. "Foreign Nationals in the City": Saint-Germain-en-Laye is a city that is open to the world, whose inhabitants include more than 5,350 foreign nationals. Host services and relations with foreign nationals are facilitated by:
- International host services: The CRI (Council of International Residents) offers a special welcome with hosts of all nationalities (Italian, Canadian, Spanish, British, Japanese, American, German, Polish, Chinese). For further information ...
- A directory of doctors who speak several languages in order to facilitate access to health care provided to foreign populations.
3. The International School of Saint-Germain-en-Laye: This French public school is the historic cradle of the international sections and offers each of its 3,000 pupils, divided into 12 foreign sections (German, American, British, Danish-Norwegian, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Polish, Swedish and Russian) and those pupils belonging to its network of partner schools and colleges, a dual teaching curriculum which supplements the entire content of the French educational system with teaching in the chosen "national language". Its project, which is both goes beyond and is part and parcel of a multilingual approach, is to provide an education based on mutual respect and openness to the world. www.lycee-international.com
4. Yvelines House of Europe: It both initiates and partners with projects at the European level aimed at educating the public about European issues. It acts as a local relay between European institutions and citizens, and in particular seeks to instil a sense of Europe’s concrete existence in people’s everyday lives: information on the construction of Europe, its institutions, their functioning, educational interventions, projects, internships, European voluntary service… For further information...
5. Economic dimension: Saint-Germain-en-Laye is also the headquarters of renowned and innovative international companies: FORD, GENZYME, BOSE, CARGILL, PALL, KONTRON MEDICAL, CORUS, TAKADA, etc. Galileo: The future control centre of the Galileo European satellite navigation system will be located in the Camp des Loges facility in 2013. While the Galileo programme is currently in the satellite development phase, it is scheduled to be operational in 2014.
6. There’s more! A dense network of voluntary associations, with several associations working to welcome foreign newcomers: Accueil des Villes Françaises (‘Host Services for French Cities’), Accueil International (‘International Host Services’), Check’n to France, etc. Multicultural shopping: Swedish, Italian and Portuguese food shops, to name a few.